David Locicero is an architect, author, wine enthusiast, home cook, and sometime mail artist and book binder. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. He grew up for the most part in Las Vegas, Nevada during the 60′s and 70′s, with extended stays during that time in Seattle, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
He attended the University of Oregon, including a semester in Rome, Italy. His graduate degree is in architectural history and theories from the Architectural Association School of Architecture Graduate School. [Try saying that 5 times fast!] The Architectural Association is located in London, UK.
He has been licensed to practice architecture in California since 1988 and is a member of the Society of American Registered Architects (SARA).
David’s work experience includes:
- 2013 – present: architect / owner @ David Locicero, architect.
- 2011 – present: author + publisher @ OpinionatedWineGuide.com
- 2007 – 2011: senior associate @ GL Planning & Design, Inc. Lab planning specialists.
- 1998 – 2007: principal @ Locicero architecture + design. Residential remodeling and ADA consulting.
- 1989 – 1998: project manager @ MBT Architecture. Specialists in buildings for science.
- 1985 – 1988: project architect @ RIA Architects & Engineers. Specialists in commercial retail and buildings for technology.
- 1985: drafter @Pike/Gentry. Specialists in interior architecture for commercial and residential clients.
David brings his considerable experience on large, technologically complex buildings and construction administration to his passion: smaller residential and commercial projects.
In addition to being an architect, David is also an author. See the Books page. He writes about both architecture and wine. You might find his two books about architecture useful. The Project Planning Checklist helps you prepare for a project even before you hire an architect or builder. Working With An Architect explains what architects do for their clients and what the phases of a project are.
His first book, Pour Me Another: An Opinionated Guide to Gold Country Wines, was published in 2011. His second book, Wine 101: An Introduction to Wine and Wine Tasting, was published at the end of August 2012. It has appeared in the top 10 for it’s sales category on Amazon.com.by